It’s time to start planning your spring and summer travel plans!
Pixar Fest is coming to the Disneyland Resort! Starting April 13, 2018, the limited time event will bring to life stories from the Pixar Animation Studios at both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Guests will join the fun as they experience a new fireworks spectacular, the return of two favorite parades with fresh new Pixar surprises, new décor, atmosphere entertainment, creatively themed food and beverage and exclusive event merchandise.
PLUS, Pixar Fest will arrive just in time to usher in the newly transformed Pixar Pier in Disney California Adventure!
Pixar Fest at Disneyland
“Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular”: A new, nightly fireworks show will celebrate Pixar stories through the decades as it lights up the sky over Disneyland. Along with dazzling pyrotechnics and memorable music, a heartwarming story celebrates the theme of friendship. Guests are invited to embark on an emotional journey that begins with the meeting of unlikely Pixar pals and follows their adventures as they overcome obstacles and forge everlasting friendships. “Together Forever” comes to life through projections on Sleeping Beauty Castle, the water screens of the Rivers of America, the façade of “it’s a small world” and the buildings of Main Street, U.S.A. The grand tradition of Tinker Bell flying over Sleeping Beauty Castle also gets a Pixar twist, with a special flyover by Buzz Lightyear!
Pixar Play Parade: For the first time, “Pixar Play Parade” will make its way through Disneyland Park. The parade will begin just as all Pixar films have, with an appearance by Pixar’s iconic lamp from the short film “Luxo Jr.” Other new parade elements will welcome characters from “Up” and “Inside Out.”
Want more Pixar fun at Disneyland? The classic entertainment and attractions below feature Pixar characters:
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
- “it’s a small world”
- Character meet and greets with Merida from “Brave” in Fantasyland and Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story” in Frontierland.
Pixar Fest at Disney California Adventure
“Paint the Night”: Capping off the parade switcheroo, Disneyland’s Paint the Night will head to its new home in Disney California Adventure. In addition to pals from Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story,” “Monsters, Inc.” and “Cars,” another beloved Pixar story will join “Paint the Night” later in the year.
Pixar Shorts at the Sunset Showcase Theater: Relax and take in Pixar shorts, including favorites such as “For the Birds” and “LAVA” in Hollywood Land. Who doesn’t love sitting and enjoying some icy-cool air conditioning on a hot summer day.
Musical Performances: A musical troupe will entertain guests with Pixar-inspired performances in the Paradise Gardens area of Disney California Adventure. Guests may also discover opportunities to greet Pixar characters, and younger guests will enjoy crafts and an activity area.
Want more Pixar fun at Disney California Adventure? The classic entertainment and attractions below feature Pixar characters:
- Cars Land with Maters Junkyard Jamboree, Radiator Springs Racers, Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters and DJ’s Dance Party.
- Toy Story Mania!
- “a bug’s land” with an array of“a bug’s life”-themed attractions
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- “World of Color with characters from “Finding Nemo,” “WALL-E,” “Toy Story,” “Up” and “a bug’s life” appear in this nighttime water spectacular which combines animation, music, lights and color with more than 1,200 fountains.
Special Pixar Fest Merchandise
- For those who wish to get into character and celebrate friendship, an exclusive Pixar Fest charm bracelet will be part of the merchandise selection. With multiple bracelet options and a variety of charms with fun friendship messages and Pixar characters, guests can mix and match for themselves, or friends and family.
We will publish more on all of the Pixar Fest fun as the news becomes available!