The FASTPASS has been in use at Disneyland Resort since 1999. It is a virtual queuing program for certain popular attractions that allows guests at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure to receive a voucher listing a computer-assigned boarding time to return and enjoy the attraction. This popular program was first used during the 1999 holiday season on “it’s a small world holiday.” FASTPASS options on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin” quickly followed in early 2000, and additional attractions have been added to the program since then.
Here’s how it works:
· FASTPASSES are distributed at terminals near each attraction that offers FASTPASS. (With these exceptions: Star Tours FASTPASSES are located near the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Astro Blasters, World of Color FASTPASSES are distributed at Grizzly River Run and Radiator Springs Racers FASTPASSES are distributed near It’s Tough To Be A Bug.)
· FASTPASS is available to all guests with theme park admission.
· A guest inserts his or her park ticket into the FASTPASS terminal, which reads and returns the park ticket along with a FASTPASS ticket indicating a time period during which the guest may return to the attraction and enter a special FASTPASS priority queue for the attraction. Guests are free to enjoy the park and its attractions while waiting to return to the attraction.
· After a guest has obtained a FASTPASS on one attraction, he or she cannot obtain a FASTPASS on a second attraction for at least two hours or the beginning of the return window on the first FASTPASS, whichever comes first. The exception is World of Color. Guests may obtain other FASTPASSES in addition to the World of Color FASTPASS used to reserve seating for the show.
· For certain popular attractions, FASTPASS return times may be filled early in the day. After that, no further FASTPASS return tickets will be issued for the attraction.
· Children under the age of 3 do not need a FASTPASS.
FASTPASSES are available for the following attractions
- The Indiana Jones Adventure
- Splash Mountain
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin
- Space Mountain
- Star Tours
- Matterhorn – NEW!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday (Holiday version only – September through January)
- California Screamin’
- Grizzly River Run
- Soarin’ Over California
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! (upon opening 5/27/17)
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Toy Story Midway Mania – NEW!
Want more ways to make most of the lines at the Disneyland Resort? Check out our information on single-rider lines and the rider-switch program. (And yes! Rider switch can be used in conjunction with FASTPASS.)
Editor’s Note: Updated on 5/9/17. This article was originally posted on June 6, 2013.