Disneyland has never-ending options of delicious treats and fun trinkets, which you can spend a fortune on. If you want to save some money, or just make your trip that much more special for your little ones, a fun thing to do is to make “surprise treat bags” before hand to bring with you into the park.
The idea is that each “treat bag” has an instruction on it for when the child may open it and get the treat inside. For example the direction might be: “Open when you are waiting for the fireworks to start.” The treat inside could be some glow-in-the-dark bracelets that the kids could enjoy while it’s dark out (and while they’re watching all the vendors walking by with those neat light-up balloons and necklaces).
- 5×7 manilla envelopes (to hold the treats)
- A marker (to write the instructions on the envelope)
- Stickers (to decorate the envelope)
- Gallon-size Ziploc bag (or some other type of bag; to contain all the envelopes throughout the day)
- Treats! (see ideas below)
- Open when you are waiting in line at the front gate! Inside: a small autograph book and pen, there are often characters just inside the entrance.
- Open when you are in the Emporium! Inside: 5 – $1 Disney dollars.
- Open when you are waiting in a long line! Inside: a small container of playdough, a rubix cube, or some small toy to pass the time.
- Open when you feel like Winnie-the-Pooh (you need a smackerel of something)! Inside: a fruit snack, granola bar, or something else that they like to munch on.
- Open when you spot a character! Inside: Disney character PEZ dispenser.
- Open when you find a pressed-penny machine! Inside: 2 quarters and a penny, enough to purchase and press a penny.
- Open right before you get on Splash Mountain! Inside: a poncho.
- Open after you eat your lunch/dinner! Inside: a package of skittles, or other candy treat.
- Open up when you are waiting for Fantasmic to start (or fireworks, or just after dark)! Inside: glow bracelets, glow sticks, or they even make glow wands/swords.
- Open when you visit Candy Corn Acres! Inside: a baggie of candy corn.
- Open after you spot some reindeer at the Reindeer Roundup: Inside: a candy cane.