As a game-loving family we were thrilled when Wonder Forge asked us to review their game Pictopica Disney Edition. We had a blast playing as a family and recommend this game for ages 7 and older. That being said, although game play may be too difficult for younger children, our 4-year-old was able to answer a lot of the questions and worked with me to play and got really wrapped up in the fun.
players “wager” coins valued 1 to 5 (spaces on the board) based on how well they think they know the images on the card shown to them. Those images depict possible answers to the question that may be asked. Sometimes players answer questions on their own and other times they work as a team. Players who answer correctly advance their game token toward the finish.
- The questions were fun and encompassed a wide variety of Disney entertainment properties. They weren’t too difficult for my kids but not so easy that there wasn’t a bit of drama.
- I love how Wonder Forge’s games include team work. Their Star Wars Rebel Missions game is all about team work and I think games like this are a lot of fun for families–especially siblings who can often be competitive with one another.
- The game is very well constructed with durable pieces, cards and game tokens.
- The game didn’t take us that long to play–and with little kids, long games like Monopoly and Life can be a bit much for family game night.
- There are more questions than I can count and I can’t imagine ever repeating a question during the times we will be playing in the future!
Pictopia-Family Trivia Game: Disney Edition is available on Amazon and a variety of other retailers like Target, Toys R Us and Walmart! If you are trying to figure out what to get the Disney trivia buff in your family for the holidays, this is the gift to grab now!