In response to the mega-success of Disney’s “Frozen” the Disneyland Resort will be bringing even more “Frozen Fun” to the Disneyland Resort this winter. The all new immersive experiences are truly incredible and will span both Parks and Downtown Disney as well.
The fun officially begins January 7th, however, the Disney Parks Blog is reporting that sneak-peaks will begin December 20th!
Some of the highlights coming to Disney California Adventure park include:
- “For the First Time in Forever – A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” – The Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land has been transformed for this event into the beautiful Crown Jewel Theatre from Arendelle. You’re invited to step inside and join the Arendelle Historians – along with special appearances by Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff – for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
|Olaf Meet-and-Greet (Photo Courtesty of Disney
- “Olaf’s Snow Fest” – Stage 17 in Hollywood Land plays host to an immersive winter wonderland straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle, complete with a giant snow play area and musical performances by The Frolicking Fjords and The Tubadors. You can glide down a snow slide, build a snowman of your own and visit everyone’s favorite snowy pal, Olaf and give him a warm hug. “Olaf’s Snow Fest” has so much to offer, from beautiful photo opportunities to scrumptious treats and special “Frozen” souvenirs. It’ll be a great spot for making memories that’ll warm your heart.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post – Head back outside, and nearby you’ll find Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, where you can pick up the latest “Frozen”-inspired apparel, plush, toys, mugs and more.
|Elsa and Anna Meet and Greet to Move to Disney California Adventure Park (Photo Courtesy of Disney Parks Blog)|
- “Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome” – Anna and Elsa, the beloved sisters from “Frozen,” move from Fantasyland to an elegant new location inside the Disney Animation attraction at Disney California Adventure park, where you can meet them as part of a special royal greeting. The colorful and varied display in the Animation Courtyard will also now include scenes and music from Disney’s Academy Award-winning blockbuster hit, “Frozen,” and at Animation Academy, a Disney artist asks, “Do You Want to Draw a Snowman?” It’s a unique opportunity to learn how to draw your very own sketch of Olaf or Marshmallow.
- “Freeze the Night! A Family Dance Party” – Each evening, you’re invited to “chill out” in Hollywood Land with music, dancing, interactive fun and more in this new, family-friendly experience. You’ll arrive at the party through an icy archway to find wintry décor, dazzling lighting effects, cool photo spots, yummy treats and frosty beverages for all ages. Throughout the night, a giant thermometer registers the drop in temperature, as things get so cool they ultimately reach the freezing point when everyone lets it go in a spectacular “Frozen Fun” crescendo!
Some of the highlights coming to Disneyland park include:
- Fantasy Faire Theater – The Royal Theatre’s resident storytellers, Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones, present the tale of “Frozen” in a fun-filled, fast-paced retelling of the story, featuring their own wacky performances in key roles, along with Anna, Elsa and the Faire Maidens.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats returns later this month, there will be a new addition to this charming and beloved Fantasyland attraction, with excursions through the world of “Frozen” offering views of the fjord-side village of Arendelle, including the stately castle where Anna and Elsa grew up, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post, and Elsa’s mountaintop ice palace.
In Downtown Disney District:
- Olaf’s Frozen Ice Rink will continue through February 22, 2015
- Anna & Elsa’s Boutique- your one stop shop for all things Frozen, and your little ones can also have an Elsa or Anna makeover.
We are super excited about all of the new Frozen offerings and will be sharing more information with you as it becomes available. Be sure to tag @babesindisneyland on Instagram when immersing yourself in the “Frozen Fun (#FrozenFun on Social Media Sites) experience for a chance to be featured in upcoming posts!