Update: The next Pinup Parade is October 18, 2015.
If you were at Disneyland yesterday, you likely saw us: hundreds of women dressed up in vintage-inspired clothing all over the park taking way too many pictures and smiling from ear to ear. Yesterday was the Pinup Parade, hosted by Pinup Girl Clothing, a company specializing in bomb-shell gorgeous, vintage-inspired clothing. They have a huge online following and flagship store in my Burbank neighborhood. Pinup Girl makes clothes for gals of all shapes and sizes and celebrates the curves and beauty of all women with fashions that flatter all body types.
Yesterday’s event brought together hundreds Pinup Girl fans wearing–most wearing the brand’s clothes and others wearing their own creations–to Disneyland. I know what you’re thinking: It’s a lot like Dapper Day, right? The answer to that is “yes” and “no.” Yes: they both celebrate getting dressed up and heading to Disneyland in vintage-inspired clothing. Where they differ is that event if more female-focused and celebrates more of the bombshell, pinup look featured in most of Pinup Girl’s clothing. Also unique are the meetups in which Pinup Girl’s lovely Doris and Micheline hosted trivia contests with incredible store/website credit giveaways.
In a nutshell, here is what you need to know if you want to attend a Pinup Parade meetup at Disneyland:
- Follow Pinup Girl on Facebook so you will be “in the loop” about all of their fun events–including those in their store, on the road and at Disneyland.
- Get yourself a rockin’ vintage-inspired outfit! Pinup Girl has an outstanding selection, many of which are perfect for Disney Bounding and can be worn for other events, like Dapper Day. (Check out my full article on Disney Bounding with their clothes.)
- Get admission to the parks if you don’t already have an annual pass.
- Check the website for meetup times so that you can take part in the big group photo, goodie bag handout and trivia contest.
- Bring a fully charged camera with tons of space because you’ll be taking oodles of pics.
- As tough as it may be when you are dressed up, be sure to bring comfy shoes.
- Get ready to have fun and meet some really nice gals who love to dress up and have a great time! This is an especially fun “girls’ day out” at Disneyland. I highly recommend getting your best girls together for the next one and go together–sans kids and hubbies. I went with my friend Mindy and had a blast!