We’ve all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and eating a decent breakfast before your day at Disneyland or Disney California Adventure is no exception (for me, it keeps the queasiness away on certain rides)! Some days you might have a leisurely breakfast planned out ahead of time, and some days you just want to eat something quick as you
run speedwalk to HyperSpace Mountain before the crowds show up. So today we are going to put table service aside and focus on what quick service options are available for breakfast at the Disneyland Resort.
Before we begin, a few things of note:
Most of the restaurants/stands listed are places you can grab a bite to eat on the go – if the restaurant offerings are more suited for sitting down to eat, I will mark it with a * .
The hours I’ve listed are subject to change – depending on magic morning hours, day of the week, or even season, so I strongly suggest checking the hours before hand.
If you haven’t checked it out, the Disneyland app is a HUGE help when looking for food! It tells you the hours, location, menu, pricing, and lets you make a reservation if it’s a table service restaurant! I used this app a ton on my last trip. Everything you need to know about the app is HERE.
- Starbucks – opens at 5 am – located next to the World of Disney Store AND another new Starbucks next to the AMC Theater. You can order ahead of time using your Starbucks app, and all you have to do is walk right past that line at the register and grab your items off of the pick-up counter. [C] If you want coffee with your breakfast, you’ll want to get it here. And [D] Because it’s just my favorite! Starbucks has a variety of pastries, as well as bagels, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt parfaits, and several delicious hot breakfast sandwiches. See our review of Starbucks HERE.
- Earl of Sandwich – opens at 7 am – located at the Disneyland Hotel end of Downtown Disney. As you would expect it serves hot breakfast sandwiches (really yummy ones) of the egg-cheese-meat variety, but also has muffins, yogurt parfaits, oatmeal, and fruit. This restaurant comes in handy if you are staying at the Paradise Pier or Disneyland Hotels, however another Starbucks location is being built just next door – so then you’ll really have to choose!
- Jamba Juice – opens at 7 am – You can get pretty much any kind of smoothie you ever wanted here, but Jamba Juice also has several different varieties of oatmeal and some breakfast wraps.
- *La Brea Bakery Express – opens at 7 am – The menu offers several hearty breakfast sandwiches served with a side of country potatoes.
- *Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen Express – opens at 8 am – Get yourself some authentic beignets or choose from more traditional breakfast options, including cereal and milk!
- Fruit Stands– most open at 8 am – These stands or carts offer assorted whole fruits and water for a light breakfast. Options are: Tropical Imports, Critter Country Fruit Cart, Fantasyland Fruit Cart, Main Street Fruit Cart, Ship to Shore Marketplace, Tomorrowland Fruit Cart, Toon Up Treats.
- Cappuccino near Central Plaza (stand)- opens at 8 am – Offers pastries, coffee & espresso, hot cocoa, tea, and juice.
- Market House (Starbucks) – opens at 8 am – Here you will find find the same fare as any other Starbucks, however you cannot order ahead at this location.
- Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe – opens at 8 – Choose from almost any kind of muffin, plus croissants, cinnamon rolls and many more goodies – and of course coffee & espresso.
- Maurice’s Treats – opens at 8 am – You can find the unique Strawberry Twist, Chocolate Twist, and Cheddar Garlic Bagel Twist here – they are yummy and good if you want something different.
- Mint Julep Bar – opens at 8 am – If you want to experience the Disney version of New Orleans Square, you should grab a bag of hot fresh beignets and a coffee or espresso!
- *Galactic Grill – opens at 8 am – Offerings at this Tomorrowland spot are mostly the usual – like a breakfast burrito, breakfast platter, fruit platter – or you can get spacey with the Bantha Blue Milk Bread!
- *Rancho Del Zocalo – opens at 8 am – Been missing your Mickey Mouse Pancake since it left the Riverbelle Terrace? Look no further, you can find it here, just a short walk away, along with the other traditional breakfast options that were offered there as well PLUS several new Mexican-inspired breakfast options (Chilaquiles, yes please!).
DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE:
- Fruit Stands – opens at 8 am – Same as in Disneyland, these stands or carts offer assorted whole fruits and water for a light breakfast. Options are: Fairfax Market, Fillmore’s Taste-In, Mortimer’s Market.
- Gourmet Coffee (stand) – opens at 8 am – Offers several types of pastries, coffee & espresso, hot cocoa, tea, and juice.
- Fiddler, Fifer, & Practical Cafe (Starbucks) – opens at 8 am – Same as Disneyland, you can find the same fare as other Starbucks’, but no pre-ordering here either.
- Schmoozies – opens at 10 am – Offers many different types of fruit smoothies as well as coffee.
- Cozy Cone – opens at 8 am – Cone 4 offers the chocolate twist and garlic bagel twist; Cone 1 offers coffee and hot cocoa. If it sounds good to you – Cone 3 offers their signature chili cone queso and chicken verde cones bright and early!
- *Flo’s V8 Cafe – opens at 8 am – On the menu are an American Breakfast Platter, Fruit Plate, Chicken Tamale Breakfast, and Brioche French Toast.
DISNEY RESORT HOTELS:
- *Tangaroa Terrace – opens at 7 am, Disneyland Hotel – Options include oatmeal, breakfast platter, french toast – and some Loco Moco in keeping with the theme of the restaurant.
- The Coffee House – opens at 6 am, Disneyland Hotel – Choose from a selection of pastries and bagels and coffee.
- White Water Snacks – opens at 6:30 or 7 am, Grand Californian Hotel – This place offers the kind of breakfast you may want sit and eat – like a Mickey Waffle, or ones that you can take on-the-go like the Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwich – several good options here!
All right, now it’s your turn. Do you like to sit and enjoy breakfast, or eat on-the-go? And what is your favorite breakfast at the Disneyland Resort?!