Is there anything more lovely than holiday time at the Disneyland Resort? If you will be heading to the resort for the 2014 holiday season or are thinking about planning a trip, here’s what you need to know!
We all love the rides at the Disneyland Resort and during holiday time, three rides get a major makeover to make them extra festive! The Jungle Cruise becomes the Jingle Cruise, “it’s a small world” transforms into “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion becomes Haunted Mansion Holiday–themed after the Nightmare Before Christmas.
Experience the Jingle Cruise below! If you went on it last year, rest assured they did WAY more theming this year! It is so much fun… and there is so much fruit cake!
Experience the merriest cruise that has ever sailed, “it’s a small world” Holiday below! This is my favorite attraction at holiday time. I simply adore it… and yes, I love the music too!
One of the most popular attractions at Christmas and Halloween is the transformed Haunted Mansion. It is truly incredible and Nightmare Before Christmas fans flock to it year after year. Learn more about the attraction by clicking here.
The holiday entertainment at the Disneyland Resort cannot be missed. My favorite is “A Christmas Fantasy” parade, while pther guests love Believe in Holiday Magic Fireworks, the twinkling transformation of Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle and World of Color Winter Dreams. Any way you slice it, there is something for everyone–even carolers and characters dressed in their holiday best! Learn more about all of the holiday entertainment fun below:
Our friends over at DAPS Magic have put together these beautiful videos of World of Color Winter Dreams.
Learn “A Christmas Fantasy” parade viewing tips and see photos of this year’s parade by clicking here!
YUM! The incredible food offered at the Disneyland Resort this time of year is absolutely amazing. My favorite are the gingerbread “shingles.” My mouth waters just thinking about them! While I could tell you about all of the sweet treats, this videos shows you in a way I can’t in words. I only wish it was in “smell-o-vision!”
One of the most popular food items during the holiday season are the handmade candy canes. Guests line up first thing in the morning to become eligible to by them! Learn more about the candy canes and when and where you can purchase them by clicking here.
Yes! You and your kiddos can meet Santa at the Disneyland Resort through December 24! I had the distinct honor of interviewing the big guy! Daily he can be found a the Jingle Jangle Jamboree in Disneyland Park, on Buena Vista Street at Elias and Company in Disney California Adventure Park, in “A Christmas Fantasy” parade at Disneyland and he can even sometimes be found at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa!
Do you like to shop ’til you drop at the Disneyland Resort? I do! If you are looking for the best stores to shop for holiday gifts and treasures, in Disneyland I recommend the China Closet and Emporium. Click here for some of the notable items that hit store shelves in December.
Other Great Guest Experiences
There are other incredible guest experiences that are not to be missed.
- Want to learn about what goes into preparing the Disneyland Resort for holiday and to learn more about the specially-themed attractions (without waiting in line for them)? The Holiday Time guided tour might just be the perfect addition to your vacation. In addition to FASTPASS entry to several attraction, the tour includes special treats and reserved parade viewing. Click here to get all of the details on the tour!
- Held at Big Thunder Ranch in Disneyland Park, the Jingle Jangle Jamboree is fun for the entire family! Guests of all ages can enjoy a holiday-themed show, meet Santa and classic Disney characters dressed in their holiday best, make crafts, decorate gingerbread cookies and much more! The Jamboree is usually only open during the day, so be sure to refer to the show schedule available at the main entrance the day of your visit.
- In Disney California Adventure Park, “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” at Paradise Gardens is the place to be for great food and lots of fun. It is a daily celebration inspired by the warmth and joyous spirit of Latino culture and holiday traditions, with festive music and dancing, vibrant colors, delicious food, Disney character appearances and the lively “Disney Viva Navidad! Street Party.” Learn 4 great reasons why you MUST visit ¡Viva Navidad! by clicking here.
|Disney chefs creating the gingerbread replica of the Disney’s Grand Californian in the hotel’s lobby.|
- Downtown Disney and Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa offer a lot of really wonderful holiday experiences for guests looking to add a little magic to their Disneyland trip outside of the parks for those who want a little Disney magic without the cost of theme park admission.
If you are a trivia nerd like me, you’ll love these posts about holiday time at the Disneyland Resort:
- Disneyland Resort holiday entertainment and decor by the numbers.
- 10 fun spots to take holiday photos at Disney California Adventure Park.
- Learn how they come up with all of the whimsical decorations for Cars Land.