About the hotel:
The Ayres Hotel is in the city of Orange, close to the Disneyland Resort. From the hotel, it is about a five-minute drive (with no traffic) to the Resort. Access is also available via the ART busses.
The hotel opened in August 2014 and provides families with spacious accommodations much larger than rooms at the Disneyland Hotel. There are two types of rooms: King Studio Suites have a king bed, pull-out sofa sleeper and shower (as pictured here) and Queen Studio Suites have two queen beds and jetted tub and shower. All rooms come with a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker.
The common areas are lovely and inviting with a large dining area used for the complimentary daily breakfast or for your own snacks and meals (perhaps a little something you may whip up in the microwave in your room).
What I really like about this hotel is the convenience and piece of mind it offers to families who may be traveling to the Disneyland Resort with children or other family members who are medically fragile or have special needs. The hotel is located in close proximity to two world-class medical institutions. The Ayres Hotel is located across the street from the UCI Medical Center, the only university-based hospital in Orange County and only Level 1 trauma center in the county. The hotel is less than 2.5 miles from CHOC Children’s Hospital, one of the country’s leading pediatric hospitals. CHOC Children’s offers the only pediatrics-specific emergency room in Orange County and features extras like child life specialists, spacious triage and exam rooms to accommodate the entire family and on-call pediatric specialists.
If you are a shop-o-holic or just like to breakaway from the kids to shop every once in a while, the Ayres Hotel is located next to Outlets at Orange, which features stores and outlets including Ann Taylor, Bath and Body Works, Asics, Banana Republic, Nordstrom Rack and much, much more. The Outlets at Orange also boasts an AMC movie theater complex, as well as Corner Bakery, Johnny Rockets, Market Broiler and many other restaurants. It’s great to have such an incredible selection of stores and restaurants (with a variety of price points) so close to your hotel.
What families need to know:
- All rooms are very spacious and very clean. If you need a bathtub for bathing your little ones, you will need to book a Queen Studio Suite. ADA compliant rooms are also Queen Studio Suites. It is important to note which type of room you are booking when you make your reservation.
- All overnight guests can enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast daily.
- Complimentary newspapers are available during the week.
- Complimentary WiFi is available to all guests.
- The hotel has taken on green initiatives to conserve energy and reduce waste. That just makes me happy.
- Light refreshments are available in the lobby and there is a small store for sundries and snacks.
- Ayres Hotels are a family-owned and operated chain of upscale boutique hotels throughout Southern California. I encourage you to learn more about their hotels in Orange, Los Angeles and San Diego counties by clicking here.
- You can learn more about UCI Medical Center by clicking here, about CHOC Children’s by clicking here and the Outlets at Orange by clicking here.