Big changes are coming to Disney California Adventure! New lands Pixar Pier and Paradise Park will welcome guests starting summer of 2018.
Ever wanted to step into a fully immersive Pixar world? Much of Paradise Pier will become the new Pixar Pier land that will feature the exciting new Incredicoaster plus four whimsical neighborhoods where guests will step into beloved Pixar stories. To add to the Pixar fun, the new land will open during Pixar Fest, a limited-time event that begins April 13, 2018.
Here is what to expect in Pixar Pier:
- The first neighborhood is inspired by Disney·Pixar’s “The Incredibles” and it will open in summer 2018 with the Incredicoaster. Permanently transformed from the attraction that is now California Screamin’, Incredicoaster will invite guests into a mid-century-modern-style loading area where they board vehicles with a distinctive, new look. New character moments, new scenes and special effects, and an exciting musical score will connect the attraction’s story to Pixar’s “The Incredibles 2,” which opens in theaters June 14, 2018.
- The neighborhood inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” will be developed around the popular Toy Story Mania! attraction.
- Another new neighborhood, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Inside Out,” will debut a new family-friendly attraction that’s scheduled to open at a later date.
- A fourth new neighborhood will celebrate a collection of guest-favorite Pixar stories.
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel will be themed with a new look and each of the 24 gondolas will showcase a different Pixar character. The iconic face of Mickey Mouse will continue to beam happiness across the Paradise Bay side of the wheel.
- At the Games of the Boardwalk, which currently includes a game called Bullseye Stallion Stampede, guests will find that all the midway games will be inspired by Pixar characters. New games are expected to include characters from “A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” and “WALL•E.”
- Ariel’s Grotto restaurant and the Cove Bar will be transformed into a Pixar-themed lounge offering sparkling views of Paradise Bay and the new Pixar Pier.
The remaining areas of the original Paradise Pier – including Paradise Gardens, Silly Symphony Swings, Jumping Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky School, Golden Zephyr and The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure – will become a new land called Paradise Park.
Disney California Adventure Construction Closures
To prepare for these big changes, the following shops, attractions and restaurants will close January 8, 2018:
- California Screamin’
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel
- Games of the Boardwalk
- Sideshow Shirts
- Ariel’s Grotto
- Cove Bar (but will reopening briefly in April before its permanent transformation)
Guests wishing to reserve “World of Color” dining packages after January 7 may consider Carthay Circle Restaurant or Wine Country Trattoria.