After a nearly 18 month hiatus, the wait for the return of Disneyland’s nighttime spectacular ‘Fantasmic!’ is almost over! Beginning July 17th guests will again be able to line the Rivers of America and watch the battle of good vs. evil unfold via Mickey Mouse’s imaginative dreams. As this year marks the 25th anniversary of ‘Fantasmic!’ we suspect that there will be some surprises and changes to the show, making us all the more excited to see it!
We are also quite excited about the newest Disney Parks Blog announcement regarding the dining packages that will be available when ‘Fantasmic!’ returns. There will be three new dining options all of which will include a meal as well as a voucher for a special viewing area in the show area. Depending on your budget and the experience you wish to have (i.e. sit down or quick service) these options offer something for every guest! In the past we’ve taken advantage of the World of Color, Main Street Electrical Parade, and Paint the Night dining/ dessert packages and believe the value and benefits of these packages makes them worth their weight in gold.
Blue Bayou Restaurant
Located inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, dining at Blue Bayou is truly a memorable experience. It is also the most expensive, and in our experience, the hardest dining package reservation to secure. The ‘Fantasmic!’ menu options at Blue Bayou will include a drink, starter, entree, and dessert for $65 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $25 for children (ages 3-9).
- New Orleans Gumbo
- Blue Bayou House Salad
- Louisiana Spiced Shrimp
- Blue Bayou Bouillabaisse with sustainable fish fillet, mussels, clams, shrimp and spiced sausage
- Pan-seared Bone-in Pork Loin
- Citrus-marinated Chicken Breast
- Surf & Turf, featuring a petite lobster tail and broiled filet mignon
- Portobello Mushroom and Louisana Popcorn Rice
- Blue Bayou Bone-in Rib-eye
- Pan-seared Salmon
- Herb-crusted Rack of Lamb
- Sorcerer Mickey “Fantasmic!” Dessert, with milk chocolate mousse, bananas foster sauce, milk chocolate pound cake and a chocolate glaze
- Vanilla Bean Crème Brûlèe with fresh berries
- 8-Layer Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
River Belle Terrace
Located in the heart of Frontierland, the River Belle Terrace offers a scenic view and a more casual eating option. The ‘Fantasmic!’ menu options at River Belle Terrace will include a drink, starter, entree, and dessert for $45 per adult (ages 10 and up) and $25 for children (ages 3-9). The viewing area has not yet been announced, however, it will be along the Rivers of America. For an additional $15 fee guests can opt to stay in their seats at River Belle Terrace to watch the show.
- Corn Chowder
- House Salad
- Pork Spare Ribs
- BBQ Tofu
- Oven-roasted Sausage Link Combo
- Sustainable Catch of the Day
- Oven-roasted Half BBQ Chicken
- Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Pulled Pork Sandwich
- Beef Brisket Sandwich
- Maleficent Dragon “Fantasmic!” Dessert, with a milk chocolate crunchy base, spiced dark chocolate-blackberry ganache center, caramel mousse and orange-vanilla sauce
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Butterscotch Pudding
Hungry Bear Restaurant
Hungry Bear Restaurant is tucked along the backside of the Rivers of America near the entrance of Splash Mountain. Here, guests will be able to pick up their on-the-go or boxed meals and a beverage. Cost for adults is $29.99, and cost for children is $19.99.
There will be four boxed options including:
- Cedar Salt Roasted Salmon, with kale and garbanzo bean salad, cranberry-apricot grains and wild rice medley
- BBQ Chicken, with kale and garbanzo bean salad, cranberry-apricot grains and wild rice medley
- Blackberry BBQ Pork Ribblettes, with kale and garbanzo bean salad, cranberry-apricot grains and wild rice medley
- Mushroom and Leek Frittata, with kale and garbanzo bean salad, cranberry-apricot grains and wild rice medley
- Viewing areas are standing room only, with seating accommodations being made only for those guests with disabilities
- There are generally two shows per night, those with earlier dining/ reservation times can expect to receive a voucher for the 1st show, while those with a later time will receive a voucher for the second showing
- Viewing locations can fill up quickly, we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes prior to the arrival time printed on your voucher
- Seating locations and meal options are subject to change
Reservations are now open for all of the options above, but cannot be made via the Disney Parks App. We recommend calling the Dining Line at 714-781-DINE or by visiting the “Make Reservations” section of the Disneyland Resort website.
If you are unable to get a reservation or simply choose not to partake in one of these options, not to worry, FastPasses will be distributed at opening each day. We will update this post regarding FastPass and viewing locations as more information becomes available.
Summer 2017 is truly an exciting time for guests to visit the Disneyland Resort, whether it be to Hero Up at Disney California Adventure Park or enjoy the classics at Disneyland we’ve got your most up to date information and photos. Be sure to follow along with us on Instagram and here on the blog!!