Because I don’t get to visit Disneyland more than once or twice a year, I’m often trying to find little ways to experience a bit of the Disneyland magic in my “regular” life. So when I stumbled upon this recipe from Disneyland’s bakery for their snickerdoodle cookies, not only was I excited about it – but I was practically ordered to make them by my husband! While I haven’t ever purchased a snickerdoodle in the parks, he has, and they are his favorite cookie to boot!
Let me tell you, this recipe is the best snickerdoodle recipe I’ve ever tried, and will certainly be the only one I make from now on – and not just because they are Disney! They were perfectly chewy inside with the right amount of crispness outside – oh-so-addicting! I like the call them “The Happiest Cookie on Earth!”
Disneyland’s Snickerdoodle Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar (topping)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (topping)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- For the dough – In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Form the dough into one inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet and flatten.
- For the topping – Combine the sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle on top of the cookies before baking.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until cooked through.
- I increased the amount of topping that the recipe called for since I prefer to roll the cookie dough balls in the cinnamon-sugar instead of sprinkling it on top.
- Instead of using a greased cookie sheet, I used parchment paper to keep the cookies from sticking.
- You actually want to take them out when they still look and feel underdone, they will stay chewier longer that way.
Outcome & Opinion
These cookies are just a little too addicting, consider yourself warned! We gobbled them up so quickly. The kids love helping me with these cookies too, because what’s better than rolling cookie dough in cinnamon sugar, then licking your fingers? I do hope you try them, you will not be disappointed – and with Christmas coming up it’s the perfect time to get your cookie baking on and spread some Disney magic while you’re at it!