While the Disneyland Resort offers many different types of mobile phone cases, the choices have been limited. That isn’t the case anymore as D-Tech on Demand has landed in the D Street store at The Disneyland Resort’s Downtown Disney District. (Custom cases are also now available in the Star Wars Launch Bay.)
According to a Cast Member, the concept originally started at Walt Disney World. Now, D-Tech on Demand has now become a permanent fixture in the D Street store in Anaheim as of September 25th, offering Guests the opportunity to customize phone cases with over 250 designs featuring classic Disney characters or featured artwork from some of your favorite Wonderground Gallery artists like Jerrod Maruyama. Guests can choose to customize with artwork alone ($36.95) or add a personal touch ($44.95).
How does it work? First, start designing your phone case on one of the iPad kiosks next to the D-Tech on Demand displays (it’s the first thing you see when you enter the store!)
- Select your phone type (I saw options for iPhone 5/5s/6/6s and their plus versions, as well as some Samsung options.)
- There are several categories for designs located in the top corner. If you’re looking for Wonderground artists, select the “paintbrush” icon.
- Once you’ve selected your design, you have the option to personalize your phone case with a name – up to 11 characters! Otherwise, you can continue without.
- Complete your order and an order number will pop up. Give this order number to a nearby Cast Member, who will write it on a sheet of paper to take to the cashier.
- Go to the cashier and pay for your mobile phone case. Annual Passholder discounts do apply! They will confirm your phone size, the design, and the spelling of the name (if applicable). Then they will hand you a claim ticket!
- Take the claim ticket to the D-Tech on Demand printing booth at the opposite end of the store. In 15 minutes, your phone case will be PRINTED and ready to use!
Voila! You will have a customized Disney phone case featuring some of your favorite Disney artwork – or even your name! This is a great option for Disney fans who are looking for something outside the usual options that the Disneyland Resort offers.