September 5 will be the last day Disneyland Resort guests will be able to enjoy everything the 60th Diamond Celebration has to offer. If you don’t visit before it ends, here’s what you will be missing. My family and I were recently invited to a day of fun and celebration at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park so that we could experience the Diamond Celebration one last time before the kids head back to school.
1. Diamond Celebration Decor: From Sleeping Beauty Castle to the lampposts to store windows, the entire Disneyland Resort has diamond touches throughout and all of these are slated to come to an end on September 5.
2. Special Foods & Drinks: One of my favorite things about special themed events at Disneyland are the special food offerings and for the 60th, Disney went “all out,” to provide guests with unique food offerings ranging from snacks to beverages and beyond. Learn more about:
- Delicious treats Disneyland is offering for the 60th celebrations.
- Walt’s chili being served in celebration of the 60th at Carnation Cafe.
- The Meyer Lemon Crème Brûlée served at the Blue Bayou and learn how to make it at home (recipe and video tutorial).
3. Disneyland Forever Fireworks: Disneyland Forever is Disneyland Park’s newest fireworks show. It brings together the magic of Disney story telling, your favorite Disney movies and characters and an immersive projection system to create a truly extraordinary entertainment experience.
There are a number of unique viewing locations throughout Disneyland Park–each offering a different experience and projections. Learn about all the different vantage points for watching the fireworks show by clicking here.
4. World of Color – Celebrate: World of Color – Celebrate! is a version of the beloved World of Color show that is hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and a newly animated Mickey Mouse. Specially designed for the Diamond Celebration with new music, water features, lights and lasers, as well as projections on Mickey’s Fun Wheel, the show takes guests on an imaginative journey through the life and works of Walt Disney and the Disneyland Resort past, present, and future. Learn more about World of Color – Celebrate by clicking here.
5. Paint the Night: Paint the Night is Disneyland’s newest parade. It is a reimagining of the beloved Main Street Electrical Parade, and has been thrilling Disney fans old and new since it premiered May 22, 2015.
The parade took three years to develop and requires more smart technology than World of Color-Celebrate!. The show contains more than 1.5 million sources of light, which include 500 strobes used in the parade that are a custom lighting product designed by Disney. Learn more about where to sit and much more about this incredible parade by clicking here.
6. Special Merchandise: From sweatshirts to tiaras to phone cases and beyond, thousands of special Diamond Celebration pieces were added to Disneyland Resort stores
7. Characters dressed in their celebration best: We all love taking pictures with and of the the world famous Disneyland characters. With so many dressed up for the special occasion, the time is now to snap those special once-in-a-lifetime photos.
Don’t delay! The time is now to visit the Disneyland Resort before the magic of the Diamond Celebration ends September 5, 2016!