Earlier this evening members of the media, distinguished guests, and several hundred lucky Disney Parks Blog readers were treated to an advanced preview of “World of Color- Celebrate” (WOC)! To say that we were blown away by the new music, animation, lights, and water features is an understatement!
The new show is hosted by Neil Patrick Harris and none other than Mickey Mouse, who take guests on an imaginative journey through the past, present, and future of Walt Disney, the Disneyland Resort, and so many beloved Disney characters and films.
“World of Color – Celebrate!” unfolds in five sequences:
1. Opening: The “World of Color” overture and the magic of Tinker Bell’s pixie dust introduce our hosts, Neil Patrick Harris and Mickey Mouse.
2. It Was All Started By A Mouse: From black-and-white cartoons to Technicolor stardom, “World of Color – Celebrate!” honors Mickey Mouse.
3. The Golden Age of Animation: A dazzling exploration of Disney animated features stirs hearts with a kaleidoscope of happy memories.
The Dream of Disneyland: A celebration of Disneyland, the “Happiest Place on Earth,” from Walt’s opening day dedication to creating smiles around the world.
5. Finale – Infinity & Beyond – A Celebration for Years to Come: The inspiring finale expresses the wish that everyone stay “Forever Young” and hold on to their dreams.
It took Disney imagineers over 18 months to develop and program the all new “World of Color – Celebrate.” Guests who have previously seen WOC will be experiencing the lights and sounds in an all new way as Mickey’s Fun Wheel now plays a larger role in the show, there are even more laser lights, more water features, and of course new songs to love!
While I loved the entire show, my favorite part was the sneak preview of the upcoming Star Wars movie. The crowd went positively wild and it was awesome to hear the music and see the characters on the big water screen.
- Be sure to check out more photos (and VIDEO) on our Instagram feed by clicking here.
- If you have questions about seeing the show with little ones, be sure to check out our helpful hints for families who want to see the Disneyland Resort nighttime spectaculars by clicking here.