Are you ready to “Hero-up” at the Disneyland Resort this summer? Disney California Adventure Park is offering kids and families amazing ways to experience super hero life this summer. Here are six things you can do the summer to live your super hero dreams, plus what you MUST know so that your kiddo can train with the hero.
Dance like a hero at the “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!”
Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started in “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!” Held in Hollywood Land, guests can show off their moves at this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash and “dance off” and join teams with names that include “Team Pop,” “Team Lock,” “Team Rock” and “Team Roll.” This fun experience is hosted by none other than the Star-Lord himself. In addition, Gamora and Groot join Star-Lord and Dance Off.
Seek adventure like a hero at Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
The Hollywood Tower of Terror has been reimagined to become the ultimate Guardians of the Galaxy experience featuring more than 2,200 props from and inspired by the Super Hero universe. There are six different ride profiles, each paired with a pop song inspired by the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films’ soundtracks.
Pose like a hero!
Inside Hollywood Land, guests can meet three of their favorite superheroes: Spider-Man, Captain America, and even Black Widow with Avengers Armored Transport.
Train like a hero at the Avengers Training Initiative
Throughout the day, guests ages 6-12 can participate in a daring adventure on the Hollywood Backlot, to see if they have what it takes to become one of the “Earth’s Mightiest Heroes.” Black Widow is the commander of the training with Hawkeye, Special Agent Cabe and Tech Specialist Agent Crosby serving as her trusted assistants. Once young Avengers have completed their combat training, they face off with the HYDRA villain Arnim Zola.
In order to participate, you will need to sign up early!
Registration is very similar to Jedi Training Academy at Disneyland Park.
- Avengers Training Initiative is open to children ages 6 to 12, but you MUST register your child the morning of your visit AND your child MUST be present at the time of the registration.
- Sign ups are at the kiosk in the Hollywood Backlot near Stage 17 and Sunset Showcase Theater (right by Monsters Inc.: Mike and Sully to the Rescue!). Ask a Cast Member if you are unable to locate the kiosk.
- Registration for each day’s shows begins when Disney California Adventure Park first opens, including Extra Magic Hours. (Not sure what Extra Magic Hours are? Be sure to read all about Extra Magic Hours by clicking here.)
- Registration for the trianing is on a first-come basis and availability is limited.
Eat and drink like a hero
The Disney food wizards have done it again and created fun, yummy dishes and drinks so that you can fuel up like a here. Dishes and drinks are in lively colors of green, purple, red, blue and orange reflect the bold personalities of some favorite super heroes. They can be purchased at a variety of restaurants, including Award Wieners, Schmoozies, Studio Catering Co. and Fairfax Market. Learn more about our six favorite Summer of Heroes foods by clicking here.
Shop like a hero
If you are anything like me, shopping is a must and Disney has released four new product lines this summer, each with a unique theme to celebrate Super Heroes at Disney California Adventure. New merchandise includes:
- Ten popular toys and games inspired by the ‘70s and ‘80s are sure to be a hit with the young at heart, including mini arcade games and light-up toys.
- Groot, Cosmo, Rocket and Howard the Duck plush, packaged in a vitrine case and available from The Collector’s personal collection.
- Retro-inspired apparel takes cues from 1970s style fonts, colors and designs.
- Eight new Super Hero-inspired trading pins.
- Super Hero shirts, available in five designs resembling the armor and costumes of classic Super Hero characters.
PLUS, don’t forget about all of the cool purchases that can be made at food locations… like the amazing Groot sipper!
Have a question about the Summer of Heroes? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Photography courtesy of the Disneyland Resort and Disney Parks Blog.