It may only be August, but Mickey and his friends at the Disneyland Resort have already been thinking up an exciting new Halloween adventure for families and this year’s Halloween event tops all others from the past. The resort’s separate ticket, private party event has been renamed “Mickey’s Halloween Party” and will now be held at Disneyland, not Disney’s California Adventure as in the past. Party guests–young and old–can dress in costume and enjoy Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday.
Other highlights include:
|Image from Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy|
- “Mickey’s Hide and Go Treat Trails” throughout Disneyland (a whole new way to trick-or-treat in the parks)
- Most of the favorite Disneyland rides and attractions
- An exciting, nightly “Mickey’s Costume Party” cavalcade with new additions
- Character photo locations featuring Mickey and his Pals, princesses and other favorites
- Most notably, Mickey’s Halloween Party will be the only venue in which guests will be able to see the very popular “Halloween Screams” fireworks spectacular, hosted by “Master of Scare-omonies” Jack Skellington. That’s right. Disneyland park guests attending during normal operating hours will not be able to see this show–only those who attend this private party. That’s a huge change from last year!
The parties are scheduled for Tuesdays and Fridays in October (1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26 and 29) plus Halloween night itself, Sunday, Oct. 31. As mentioned, the parties will be held after Disneyland closes, but those with private party tickets will have to opportunity to arrive hree hours before the party starts to play in Disneyland.
Tickets purchased in advance for Mickey’s Halloween Party are $49 most days, while tickets purchased on the event days are $54. For Oct. 31, all tickets to Mickey’s Halloween Party are $59. Favorite Disney characters, including Mickey himself, will dress up in their favorite costumes. It’s the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to “spirited” music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.
Do you plan on attending Mickey’s Halloween Party? What do you think about the new plans?