- Guests can celebrate their birthday at any of the resort’s full-service restaurants, character dining locations, or through Disney hotel room service with a personal size cake (Disney Princess Jewelry Box or Disney Pirate Treasure Chest) complete with a special surprise. The cakes are $15 and should be reserved ahead of time by calling (714) 781-DINE.
- If you are looking to book a birthday party at Disneyland, you can do so by reserving ahead of time through the dining line or you can try to reserve a spot while you are in the park by stopping by the Plaza Inn. Parties are held at the Plaza Inn restaurant on Main Street U.S.A. and hosted by “Pat E. Cake” and a special visit from Mickey and Minnie. All guests receive a special party hat, souvenir cup, and personal cake to frost and decorate. The parties take place daily and do not include a meal. The price is $15.99 per person. Reservations should be made before your visit and typically book up ahead of time.
- Another great place to host a birthday is one of the resorts character dining restaurants. Simply let your server know that you are celebrating a birthday and they will be sure to help you celebrate with a special cupcake or dessert with a candle. The character dining restaurants vary in price point and characters. These restaurants can be pricey but when you factor in the cost (and work) of throwing a birthday party, a small breakfast or dinner at a character restaurant may be a great alternative…with no clean up afterward! It is also important to note that children under 3 eat for free at these restaurants. Reservations should be booked prior to your visit. Park admission is not needed for the dining experiences at the resort hotels but is necessary for the dining experiences inside the parks Learn more about the character dining experiences in the parks.
- Perfectly Princess Birthday party experiences at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique are available by calling (714) 781-STYLE and must be booked in conjunction with Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique transformation experiences. Prices and details will be available by contacting the number above.
- Guests to the Disneyland Resort Hotels can request the services of the Disney Dream Makers who help guests by having personalized surprise gifts delivered to your Resort Hotel room, decorating the room, and/or providing a gift card of your choice in the room as a gift. For more information, please call (714) 781-GIFT.
The best thing about celebrating a birthday at Disneyland is that when it comes down to it, Disneyland is a really special place and it may be celebration enough just being there! On top of the normal costs of admission, parking, and the like it’s not a cheap day. There are plenty of things you and your family can do to make the day special without breaking the bank.
- Ask for a birthday button when purchasing your tickets or at City Hall (Guest Services) in the parks. Cast Members and guests will wish the birthday boy or girl (man or woman) happy birthday all day long.
- Go to City Hall and ask the Cast Member if the birthday guest can speak with Goofy on the telephone.
- Take as many pictures with as many characters as possible and then make a birthday photo album afterward. Consider wearing birthday hats or bringing a sign that you pose with in each picture.
- Want to celebrate with your own cake and party goods? You can do so at the picnic area. Click here for more information on the picnic area.
Please email me your family’s favorite Disneyland birthday memories or traditions, along with a picture, and I may use them in an upcoming post! (babesindisneyland at yahoo . com)