For a limited time, SoCal residents can purchase special discounted tickets to the Disneyland Resort! These are great deals and allow you to spread out your visits throughout the traditionally less crowded time of year at the resort. Southern California Resident tickets can be purchased through May 19, 2016 and may be used through May 25, 2017 (except for block-out days). Each Southern California resident may purchase up to five tickets per day and must show proof of residency within the zip codes of 90000-93599 and 21000-22999 for purchase and entry.
The discounts are for 3-day tickets only; there are no discounts for single-day admission. Tickets are for guests ages 3 and older and include:
- 3-Day, 1-Park Per Day Ticket with Magic Morning for $149 (that’s less than $50 per day!)
- 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning for $189
1-Park Per Day Ticket means that you cannot hop or go between parks each day. Whichever park you choose to go to first is the park you are limited to for the remainder of that day. For example, if you go to Disneyland first on one day you cannot go into Disney California Adventure on the same day and vice versa. You will have to save going to the other park for another day, BUT if you want to go to the same park for all 3 days, that is perfectly fine – the choice is yours of which park on each day!
Park Hopper Ticket means that you may visit both parks each day by “hopping” or go back-and-forth between Disneyland and Disney California Adventure at any time in a day. For example you could start your morning in Disneyland, go to DCA for lunch, and back to Disneyland for dinner. If you want to be able to go between the parks during the same day, you will want to purchase a Park Hopper at a slightly higher cost.
Magic Morning is a special opportunity to enter Disneyland Park before the park opens to the general public on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday and enjoy select attractions before it gets crowded. The 3-Day tickets with Magic Morning must be purchased ahead of time by clicking here. Each Guest must have valid theme park admission. We highly recommend that families arrive at least one hour and 15 minutes prior to regular park opening to get the most out of Magic Morning. Magic Morning admission is based on availability and capacity and it is very important that you check the resort’s hours of operation to confirm Magic Morning has not been cancelled and so you know what time to be there.
- As always, multi-day tickets are nontransferable; the same person must use the same ticket each day. On the first day of use, each guest will write their name on their ticket and a main entrance Cast Member will take a photo of each ticket holder. Whenever that ticket is presented at the turnstiles, their photo will come up, thus making it impossible for someone else to use the ticket.
- Unlike typical multi-day tickets you don’t have to use all 3 days within a 13-day period, you can spread out your visits throughout the January-May time frame (except block-out days).
- Unfortunately, something new this year is that you cannot purchase these tickets for anyone that doesn’t live in Southern California, even if you are planning to visit the parks with them.
All tickets are available online or at the main entrance ticket booths. As mentioned above, Magic Morning is only available if purchased ahead of time online. Click here to purchase tickets online.
These tickets are not valid April 9 – April 23, 2017. Last day of use is May 25, 2017.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below and we will be certain to update this post as needed throughout the course of the discount.