Wow! I meant to post this recipe a month ago, when fall was just beginning – and here we are the week before Halloween! Woops – at least there is still plenty of time to make pumpkin bread before the season it over! It has been quite a while since I tried a new Disneyland recipe, I’m so glad to have a new one to test out and share with you today. So many of their recipes are
complicated fancy for a regular home-cook like me, as they should be, but I just have to pass on them. So when a recipe rolls by with a short ingredient and direction list like this one, plus it’s one that my kids would be able to help me make (and eat) – I jump on it! This was was picked up by contributor Vy during AP Days.
Recipe from Goofy’s Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel
- 1 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup bread flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions: (makes 1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Whisk together cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon, in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, pumpkin puree, water, and oil in a medium bowl.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined; do not overmix.
- Stir in raisins. (If you choose)
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Turn loaf out of pan into a wire rack to col.
Outcome & Opinion:
Sometimes I think there is something wrong with my oven because certain things, like this bread, took far longer to cook through than the recipe called for, like 15 minutes longer! So it could just be me or… not? Let me know if you had to bake this longer than called for. Also I would say that the bread was tasty, but it so wasn’t what I was expecting – it’s not like any other pumpkin bread I’ve eaten or made. The texture, I’m guessing from the different flour, is very light like a cupcake, and the taste was quite spicy! I put butter on my slice, but cream cheese would be yummy too.
We would love for you to post a picture to our Facebook wall or tag us on Instagram if you make this recipe – we want to see! If you want to see more of the Disney at Home recipes we’ve shared, just click here.