During the summer months, it can be tough to escape the heat at the Disneyland Resort and particularly frustrating to know where to go to keep tots cool and content. During the crowds and heat of the summer, the key is to be able to cool off quickly, and these go-to spots will have your kids smiling and cooled off in no time!
|Family meal at the Hungry Bear–enjoying the shade and
- While inside Disneyland, guests can escape the heat at the Enchanted Tiki Room. Just outside the attraction at the Tiki Juice Bar, guests can purchase an icy-cool Dole Whip. The line for this popular treat can be long, but the queue in the Tiki Room’s waiting area is much shorter.
- After listening to birds and flowers croon, my favorite place to eat with little ones is the Hungry Bear restaurant in Critter Country. The downstairs, shaded patio is located next to a spacious restroom with two changing stations. The scenic view allows little ones to feed the ducks and watch the ships on the river while the adults relax.
- Over in Disney California Adventure Park, the best place to escape the heat is the Disney Animation Building located in the Hollywood Land. The activities in this building can keep your family cool for quite some time and include one of my favorite attractions for young children, Turtle Talk with Crush.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse segment of the Disney Junior
Live on Stage show.
- Next to the Animation Building is Disney Junior—Live on Stage! featuring Jake and the Never Land Pirates and other Disney Junior favorites.
- And if your little ones still aren’t sufficiently cooled off, head over to “bug’s land” where they can splash around in Princess Dot Puddle Park.
Where’s your favorite place to cool off with the kiddos at the parks?