Heading to the Disneyland Resort with kids requires a lot of stuff. From strollers to food to diapers and everything in between. This is particularly true for families visiting the resort overnight. Road trips and plane flights with kids can be exhausting and if you are like me, you probably struggle with the want to have everything with the desire to travel light.
Travelers heading to the Disneyland Resort will be happy to know that there is a Target located 2.1 miles from Disneyland park. This is one of those great Targets that has everything–including a grocery store. Ideal for families who have traveled by car or have a rental car, moms and dads can stock up on the essentials like snacks, diapers and milk. Here are some of my favorite tips on how this Target can save families tons of money and aggravation:
- Stock up on snacks for the parks so that you don’t have to purchase things like fruit at inflated rates. We also love the Gerber Graduates meals and snacks.
- Buy things you can make into meals. If you hotel or motel doesn’t include breakfast consider purchasing instant oatmeal and other items you can eat in your room. Also consider purchasing bread and sandwich items and other things your family might like to eat for lunch.
- Your room doesn’t have a refrigerator? No problem. Head into Target and ask where they have the disposable Styrofoam coolers. These disposable ice chests are great! You can fill them with all of the items that need to be kept cold like milk, fruit and yogurts for breakfast. You can use the ice from your hotel/motel’s ice machine or purchase ice at Target from the ice boxes at the front of the store by the checkout. (I recommend contacting the store ahead of time to make sure they are in stock. I called today while doing this piece and they were out of the coolers but was told they are normally in stock.)
- If you don’t like the idea of the disposable cooler but still want to be able to stock up on perishable items, speak with your hotel or motel about the cost of adding a refrigerator to your room. The money you save by not having to eat meals purchased in the parks will likely more than make up for the extra cost of the refrigerator.
- Instead of dragging huge amounts of diapers, wipes and other items your children will consume while at the resort, pick them up at Target! Your hands will be full enough with the demands of a long car drive or security screenings at the airport.
The Target near Disneyland is located at 12100 Harbor Blvd. in the city of Garden Grove. The cross streets are Harbor Blvd. and Chapman Ave. Travelers without access to a car can get their via taxi or the Anaheim Resort Transit system. Many hotels are walking distance to Target, so if you are staying off-property, be sure to contact your hotel to find out how far it is. To check on store hours or product availability, call (714) 971-4826.